If you already have the hardware you need and the software necessary to accomplish what you want, but you don't know how to use what you have, The PC Help Desk can show you how to do what you want so you will understand and be productive in a minimum amount of time.
- Education is something that we all need, but finding someone who can teach us what we want to know when we need it is something else. The PC Help Desk provides personalized training on both your hardware and software when you need it.
The PC Help Desk has conducted classes at Western State College in Gunnison, CO. In addition to classroom instruction, The PC Help Desk will help you on a one-on-one basis. Just ask.
- Introduction to Windows
- This course provides information about Windows 95/98. It starts with a description of the appearance of Windows 95/98 and how to control the look and feel of the system. It then goes on to actually running a program. Locating information on the system is important so My Computer, the Windows Explorer and the Find function will be addressed. Several applets come standard with Windows 95/98 and each of these will be introduced.
- Introduction to Microsoft Word
- This course covers enough information about Windows 95/98 to allow the student to navigate the operating system and bring up applications such as Microsoft Word. Several features of the operating system will be addressed in connection with using MS Word. The student will be introduced to a very powerful (yet easy to use) word processing application, MS Word. The use of different fonts and sizes, headers and footers, tables, spell checking, and other features will be covered. By the end of this course, the student should be able to produce a professional looking business letter using a number of different features of MS Word.
- Introduction to Microsoft Excel
- This class is designed for students who want to enter and edit information into a spreadsheet; open, save and manage spreadsheets; and navigate spreadsheets. In addition, students will learn how to perform calculations on spreadsheet data, manipulate data, format the contents of a spreadsheet, and prepare, setup and print a spreadsheet. The primary exercise of this class will be the construction of a payroll spreadsheet.
- Introduction to Computers
- This class is designed for people who have no experience with computers. The course provides step-by-step hands-on training in the use of a personal computer. Students will be introduced to terms commonly in use with computers, the hardware and software components that make up a computer and the Windows operating system. Although the student will be familiar with the computer by the end of this course, he/she will not be familiar with all aspects of the computer nor be proficient in using it. This course should be considered a starting point for someone interested in computer.
- Introduction to Windows
- This is an online version of the course I offered through Western State College. For those who have access to the Internet and want to bone up on this very powerful operating system, this is an excellent way to do it.
- The intent of this tutorial is to take you from being an Internet novice to a confident Internet user in as short a period of time as possible.
- Mastering the Internet
- This is an online tutorial that should provider the new user to the Internet with an introduction to what can be found on the Internet and how to go about it. This isn't a long tutorial and doesn't cover everything, but is a good starting point.
- I'm starting something new that I hope will be of interest to my visitors. I'm planning on creating mini-tutorials on various subjects that I hope will help you enlarge your understanding of the subject matter. Click on this link to see what's online now.